Ahmedabad’s most intriguing and spectacular tennis tournament is back to contest a third season. The Ahmedabad Tennis Premier League (ATPL) is now bigger and better as it begins its next season from 2nd February 2018 to 11th February 2018.
The Strides and The Success
ATPL was started primarily to create a healthy environment among the adults of the city of Ahmedabad by means of Tennis. A sporting atmosphere was created to establish a strong network among the adults and the students of different tennis academies spread throughout the city.
It started of with Neon Tennis Academy inviting various other tennis academies to play against them in exhibition matches. Over the course of 1 year, players and coaches began to recognize the importance of a sporting ebulliency required in the city and the state.
When it was launched, the first two seasons were a huge success, garnering support from various media houses and spectators. The first year of the ATPL was graced by the presence of Shri Ajay Tomor (Chief of the Border Security Force) who carried out the prize distribution.
Such was the impact of the first season that the second season attracted big names like Shri Chintan Parikh (Vice President of the All India Tennis Association) and Shri Vivek Wadekar (Commisioner of Income Tax).
Today the scenario is so positive that nearly 70 businessmen gather and exchange rallies on the court followed by refreshments and cheerful conversations.
The ATPL’s concept is inspired from the IPL (Indian Premier League, Cricket) and ITPL (Indian Tennis Premier League). It is a team 150k event wherein the winning team gets a prize money of INR 1,50,000.
– The 10-day roller coaster of sporting brilliance will be on display at 6 different venues.
– The matches will be played in a round robin format where each team plays the other teams at least once.
– 10 teams will be participating in the event.Teams will be divided in 2 Groups
– Each time will consist of 8 players.
– Out of the 8 players, 6 players will be in action from each team.
– 2 singles and 2 doubles matches will be played between two teams.
– Each single and doubles match will be played as best of 13 games. The team who has won more number of games after playing 13 games, wins.
-Top 8 teams will play Play Quarter final matches.(top 4 Teams from each group.)
– Top 4 teams who have won most number of games in the league stage will play semi-finals and subsequent finals. A match for the third sport will be played as well.
– ATPL FACTOR: In case of a tie, a doubles match will decide the winner.
After resounding accomplishments from its first two seasons, the ATPL promises to be nothing but more fascinating in its third edition.